Low Quiescent Current 2 cell battery charger controller integrated High-Accuracy Gas Gauge and System BUCK
- Support 2 Cells Battery
- Up to 3A Charge Current
- 1500 kHz Li battery PWM Charger with Internal NMOS-NMOS Pair
- Charger Operation Status
- Battery Detection
- OCV+Coulomb Counter, 2% Accuracy
- Self-Calibration of Rdc, Qmax
· IPS (Intelligent Power Select)
- 6V~14V Input Operating Range
- External NMOS for ACIN Path, with External PMOS for BAT Path
- Adapter Present Status
· 1MHz Up to 4A 5V Buck DCDC
· < 50uA Off-State Battery Discharge Current
· Support TWSI (Two Wire Serial Interface)
- Input Over-Voltage Protection Voltage
- Short Protect for PMOS in BAT Path
- Battery Thermistor Sense Hot/Cold Charge Suspend
- Programmable Safety T imer for Charger
- Charge Over-Current Protection
- Die Thermal Balance for Charger
- Thermal Shutdown
· 56 pin , 7×7 mm2 QFN Package
AXP259 is a highly integrated BMU targeting at 2 cells Li-battery (Li-ion or Li-polymer) applications. It provides an easy and flexible battery management solution for large current charge and system power supply.
AXP259 comes with a high voltage input Charger that supports up to 3A charge current. It also supports a 4A BUCK for system power supply. To ensure the security and stability of the power system, AXP259 provides multiple channels 12-bit ADC for voltage/current/temperature monitor and integrates protection circuits such as OVP, UVP, OTP, and OCP.
Moreover, AXP259 features a unique E-Gauge™(Fuel Gauge) system, making power gauge easy and exact.
In addition, AXP259 embraces a fast interface for the system to dynamically adjust charge current and buck output voltage so that the battery charge time could be saved and battery life can be extended to the largest extent.
Besides, AXP259 features an IPS™ (Intelligent Power Select) circuit to transparently select power path among adapter and Li-battery to system load.
AXP259 is available in 7mm x 7mm 56-pin QFN package, and the package is Pb free.
· POS, WI-FI Audio Box
· Tablet PC, Ultrabook, Industrial and Medical Equipment
· UMPC-like, Student Computer