Advanced PMU for Multi-core Application Processors integrated High-Accuracy Gas Gauge and Flash Charger
-Input voltage range: 2.9V~6.3V (AMR:-0.3V~11V)
-Configurable IPSTM system
- Adaptive USB/AC adapter voltage/current limit (4.0V/900mA/500mA)
-Integrated MOSFET charge current up to 2.2A
- Battery temperature monitor
- Fully supports USB charge
-High charge accuracy, ±0.5% accuracy
-Supports 4.1V/4.2V/4.24V/4.35V battery
-Automatic charge control
-Supports LED to indicate charge status
-Automatic charge current adjustment based on system load
- CHGLED:100 mA sink strength, can be used to drive the motor and charging LED
Buck DC-DC Converters (5-CH)
-DC-DC1: 1.6V~3.4V adjustable, 100mV/step, load current up to 1.4A
-DC-DC2: 0.6V~1.54V adjustable, 20mV/step, load current up to 2.5A, supports VRC (Voltage Ramp Control)
-DC-DC3: 0.6V-1.86V adjustable, 20mV/step, load current up to 2.5A
- DC-DC4: 0.6V-1.54V adjustable, 20mV/step; 1.8V~2.6V,100mV/step,load current up to
- DC-DC5: 1.0V-2.55V adjustable, 50mV/step, load current up to 2A
-RTC_VCC: 30mA@3V,100mA@1.8V, always valid
-ALDO1/2: low noise LDO, 0.7V~3.3V adjustable, 100mV/step, load current up to 300mA
- ALDO3: low noise LDO, 0.7V~3.3V adjustable, 100mV/step, load current up to 200mA
- ELDO1: 0.7~3.3V adjustable, 100mV/step, load current up to 400mA
- ELDO2: 0.7~3.3V adjustable, 100mV/step,load current up to 200mA
- TWSI for host communication
- Configurable interrupt management
- Flexible pin function configuration: 1 GPIO can be set as IO or LDO, etc
- Integrated timer
- 12 groups of registers for system shutdown data storage
- Highly accurate gauge system with dual modes
- Easy Mode: highly adaptive to different powers
- Exact Mode: highly accurate data is provided for specific power
- Provides rich power information, such as instantaneous power consumption (mA or mW),
remaining power (% or mA), charge status (%), remaining power life, charge time, etc.
- Low power warning and low power protection
- Provides die temperature
- Supports soft reset and hard reset
- Supports soft shutdown and hard shutdown
- Supports external wakeup triggers
- Supports PWROK for system rest or shutdown indication
- External power detection(insert/remove/drive strength deficiency)
- All output voltage support software boot
- Over/Under-voltage protection (OVP/UVP)
- Over-current protection (OCP)
- Over-temperature protection (OTP)
- Highly accurate (0.5%) reference voltage
- Integrates MOSFET
AXP216 is a highly integrated PMIC targeted at single cell Li-battery (Li-ion or Li-polymer) applications that require multi-channel power conversion outputs. It provides an easy and flexible power management solution for multi-core processors to meet the increasingly complex and accurate requirements of power control.
AXP216 comes with an adaptive USB3.0-compatible Flash Charger that supports up to 94% efficiency and 2.2A charge current. It also provides 11 power output channels (including 5-CH DCDC, with efficiency up to 95%).
To ensure the security and stability of the power system, AXP216 provides multiple-channel 12-bit ADC for voltage/current temperature monitoring and integrates protection circuits such as OVP, UVP, OTP, and OCP. Moreover, AXP216 integrates a unique E-GaugeTM system which simplifies battery power measurement.
In addition, AXP216 contains a fast interface for the system to dynamically adjust output voltage and enable work mode switch in order to optimize battery life.
Importantly, AXP216 also features an IPSTM(Intelligent Power Select) circuit that transparently selects power path among USB, external adapter, Li-battery, and system load, allowing the system to function normally when only running on external input power and not the battery.
AXP216 is available in 8mm x 8mm x 0.75mm 68-pin QFN package.
Tablets, smartphones, smart TVs, DVRs
UMPC and UMPC-like, student computers